Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm a survivor of first week med school.

Well med school isn't as supercalifragilistickaspealedociously exciting as I initially thought it would be.So much for preconceived ideas.

Lectures are as all usual lectures would be-BORING!

But the med students at UNSW can be considered lucky as we get to go for clinicals at the teaching hospitals as early as the first week.It felt kinda weird walking round the hospital with a stethoscope hanging round my neck.I mean ,come on,I don't even know how to use the damn thing.And there i am draping it around my neck looking all doctor-ish and professional.*sheesh*

Saw a man with a boil on his butt.The guy was proundly displaying his posterior to us freshies.Like the doctor didn't even ask him to.Flasher.*lol*

Got a shit load of assignments to do and it's only the first week.2 projects which are respectively 2500 and 3000 words each and an oral presentation.Oh well,I'll survive.

Anatomy class today was WOOOZAH~! man.We go to touch the cadavers and learnt how to identify their location.I saw a testicle that was cut into a cross section*cues guys to go ouch*Didnt see whole bodies tho,just got to see random parts of it on the table,like one arm,a leg,two or three torso's and a couple of lungs.One day i'll prolly post a few disturbing images for your benifit if i do get to capture a few.

Other than school social activities organized by med school to date are almost all related to alcohol one way or the other.but tis ok,cos did you know that your liver regenerates,so you sorta get a new liver every 1-2 years or so.lol.

Anyways,I'll update more when i actually dont have to do research,write reflective essays or do the laundry=)

till then peepo=)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home